You are here
Welcome to Balhousie Antiquary Care Home, Westway, Arbroath
- 60 tastefully decorated bedrooms
- Shower rooms
- All bedrooms have:
- Telephone and television points
- A 24-hour call-alert system
- Our Westway Suite facility is a specialist dementia care centre with 20 specially equipped and furnished rooms
- Facilities within the home also include:
- 4 spacious and relaxing resident lounges/dining areas
- 2 "quiet rooms" for residents to relax in
- Full lift access to all floors
- Wheelchair-friendly access throughout the home
- Internet access for residents at our 'Internet Corner' facility
- Unisex hair salon
- Purpose-designed, enclosed landscaped gardens
- Popular daily activity programme
- An active resident and relatives committee
My top priority as Manager here at Antiquary is to create an atmosphere within the home that is homely for our residents, caring, welcoming and above all, happy.
We actively encourage our residents to take part in various day trips, activities or events organised by our team and feel these have unparalleled benefits on their health, happiness and well-being.
Activities and Events
Recently at the home, residents have been able to take part in our popular 'Dementia Walks' which bring much enjoyment and really benefit our residents who have this condition. We also like to involve our residents as much as possible in decisions around the home and recently, sought their advice on wallpaper and other interior choices for various rooms within the home. They enjoyed being a-part of this and it helped them really feel as if this is their home, which is so important to me as Manager.
Our Care Team
For me, what I feel really sets us apart as a home is our staff. The care and support provided on a daily basis, always with the residents' best interests and happiness at its core is second-to-none. Our longest serving member of staff has been with us for over 18 years and some other staff members have been with us for over 16 years. They are passionate about care, it's not just a job to them and this what I look for in all of my staff members.
I want life for my residents to consist of the highest levels of care and support out there, whilst being comfortable, lively and relaxed. This is their home and it is my job to ensure it is a very happy one.
Pop in your postcode below and we'll give you directions to Antiquary
Find a care home near you
News from across the Group
We were delighted to see the dementia strategy and the dementia ambassador program recognised and mentioned within this months Care News.
Coordination key to dementia care