You are here
Welcome to Balhousie Luncarty Care Home, Perthshire
- 29 tastefully decorated resident bedrooms, many with views directly over our gardens and the surrounding Perthshire countryside
- All bedrooms have television points and a 24-hour call-alert system
- 2 spacious and comfortable resident lounges
- Traditional and elegant grand dining room
- Specialist Dementia care centre that provides residents with this care requirement dedicated, specific care
- Purpose-designed landscaped gardens
- Popular daily activity programme
- An active residents and relatives committee which provides a two-way, open feedback system regarding the care being provided
My team and I pride ourselves on creating a warm, friendly and happy atmosphere within Luncarty. This stems from our commitment to offer every resident ‘person-centered care.’
We actively encourage our residents to take part in various day trips, activities or events organised by our team and feel these have unparalleled beneﬁts on their health, happiness and well-being.
Activities and Events
Here at the home, we have various activities and projects that residents can get involved in, including our ‘Swimming Project’ which gives residents the opportunity to take-up swimming again or to learn to swim from scratch. ‘Living Voices’ is another of our extremely popular projects, funded by ‘Scottish Poetry’, and involves the placing of a poet and storyteller once a month in the home who engage our residents with poems, music and stories. Our ‘Walking Project’ is also popular with residents and involves them in mild, physical exercise.
The staff at Luncarty are what makes our house a home for our residents. Our longest serving staff member has been with us for over 16 years and I have conﬁdence in each and every one of my 25 staff.
My Aim as Manager
If I had to describe my main aim for my residents here at the home, I would say contentment. I strive for them to be content and happy in every area of their care and for them to enjoy their time here. This is their home and I want to ensure it is a happy one.
Pop in your postcode below and we'll give you directions to Luncarty
Find a care home near you
News from across the Group
We were delighted to see the dementia strategy and the dementia ambassador program recognised and mentioned within this months Care News.
Coordination key to dementia care