You are here
Welcome to Balhousie Moyness Care Home, Broughty Ferry, Dundee
- 29 tastefully decorated resident bedrooms
- All bedrooms have telephone and television points and a 24-hour call-alert system
- Full lift access to all floors and wheelchair-friendly access throughout the home
- 2 spacious resident lounges and a large, traditional dining room where residents can enjoy meals
- Internet access for residents and visitors at our 'Internet Corner' facility
- Purpose-designed, enclosed landscaped gardens with traditional summerhouse
- Sun terrace overlooking our extensive manicured lawns
- Popular daily activity programme
- An active residents and relatives committee which provides a two-way, open feedback system regarding the care being provided
As Manager of Moyness, I strive to create a happy, welcoming, atmospheric environment for our residents each and every day.
Here at the home, we actively encourage our residents to take part in various day trips, activities or events organised by us and we feel these have unparalleled beneﬁts on their health, happiness and well-being.
Activities and Events
The home recently hosted a 'Valentines Dinner' which was thoroughly enjoyed by all. We also had a special 'Easter Afternoon', with games and nibbles for residents and relatives. 'Bob the Music Man' comes into the home and entertains monthly, which is a highlight for most of our residents and gets everybody's toes tapping! We are also currently arranging various local outings for residents to go into Broughty Ferry to enjoy a breath of fresh air and an ice-cream in the summer days.
What Makes me Proud
The dedication and devotion given by the whole team: consistently and without fail. Our home has an extremely friendly atmosphere and it's a 'home from home' for our residents, staff and relatives.
Pop in your postcode below and we'll give you directions to Moyness
Find a care home near you
News from across the Group
We were delighted to see the dementia strategy and the dementia ambassador program recognised and mentioned within this months Care News.
Coordination key to dementia care