You are here
Welcome to Balhousie North Grove Care Home, Perth, Perthshire
- 36 beautifully furnished resident bedrooms, many of which offer picturesque views of the gardens and surrounding North Inch Park
- All bedrooms have telephone and television points and a 24-hour call-alert system
- Full lift access to all floors and wheelchair-friendly access throughout the home
- Choice of 4 bright and spacious resident lounges/dining areas
- Internet access for residents and visitors at our 'Internet Corner' facility
- Two sensory gardens full of colour, texture and fragrance
- Diversional therapy room providing opportunities for residents to participate in activities aimed at promoting individual self-esteem and personal fulfilment
- Popular daily activity programme
- An active residents and relatives committee which provides a two-way, open feedback system regarding the care being provided
The environment my team creates for our residents is homely, welcoming and bright. The home itself is spacious, has a real buzz about it and has excellent facilities.
Here at the home, we actively encourage our residents to take part in various day trips, activities or events organised by us and we feel these have unparalleled benefits on their health, happiness and well-being.
Activities and Events
Our residents were recently involved in the 'Go for Gold' challenge, which really showed the competitive side to our residensts and was so much fun for all! One particular resident who participated was thrilled to have his photograph taken with the Scottish Cup, which was won by his local team. We also have regular open coffee mornings in the home, which are supported by the local community. This keeps our residents involved with their community and gives them a great opportunity for a blether and to have a catch-up! The home also has involvement with the 'Getting into Care Programme, run by the Princes Trust which gets our residents chatting to younger people within the community and encourages them to discuss life within the home.
My team and I like to create happy memories for our residents every day but for me, my proudest moment as Manager came when we received the award at the 'Balhousie Care Group Awards' for 'Best Care Home' in 2012. It cemented everything we do every day for our residents in order to make our home their home.
Pop in your postcode below and we'll give you directions to North Grove
Find a care home near you
News from across the Group
We were delighted to see the dementia strategy and the dementia ambassador program recognised and mentioned within this months Care News.
Coordination key to dementia care