You are here
Welcome to Balhousie Wheatlands Care Home, Bonnybridge, Stirlingshire
- 59 tastefully decorated resident bedrooms, many with looking directly over our beautiful gardens and with views of surrounding High Bonnybridge and Cowden Hill
- All bedrooms have a 24-hour call-alert system
- Full lift access to all floors and wheelchair-friendly access throughout the home
- 5 spacious and comfortable resident lounges
- 3 traditional and elegant dining rooms
- Internet access for residents and visitors at our 'Internet Corner' facility
- Purpose-designed landscaped gardens and patio sun terrace
- Popular daily activity programme
- An active residents and relatives committee which provides a two-way, open feedback system regarding the care being provided
The atmosphere at Wheatlands is homely and welcoming and my staff work extremely hard consistently to ensure standards never slip. I believe that along with care provided, how our residents feel and how our staff interact with our residents is of the highest importance. This is their home.
We actively encourage our residents to take part in various day trips, activities or events organised by our team and feel these have unparalleled beneﬁts on their health, happiness and well-being.
Events and Activities
Here at the home, we have recently opened a wonderful 'Sensory Garden' for residents to enjoy. The different smells, colours and touch involved with the garden make it such a pleasant area to relax in and get some fresh air. We have also recently hosted a 'Sports Day' which proved extremely popular and brought much laughter to the home. The 'Queen's Baton Relay' also recently came to town and some of our residents were able to go and enjoy this and soak up the wonderful, community atmosphere. It was a great day, enjoyed by all!
Our Care Team
I am extremely proud of the care my team provides our residents with on a daily basis. There is very little staff turnover within our team and many of our staff have been with us for over a decade.
Each and every one of them is committed to making our residents lives better and this makes me extremely proud to be Manager here at Wheatlands. We aren't just a team, we're a family.
Pop in your postcode below and we'll give you directions to Wheatlands
Find a care home near you
News from across the Group
We were delighted to see the dementia strategy and the dementia ambassador program recognised and mentioned within this months Care News.
Coordination key to dementia care