You are here
Welcome to Balhousie Willowbank Care Home, Carnoustie, Angus
- 38 tastefully decorated, en-suite resident bedrooms
- All bedrooms have telephone and television points and a 24-hour call-alert system
- Full lift access to all floors and wheelchair-friendly access throughout the home
- 4 spacious and comfortable resident lounges, all with adjoining dining rooms
- Internet access for residents and visitors at our 'Internet Corner' facility
- Purpose-designed, enclosed landscaped gardens
- Popular daily activity programme
- An active residents and relatives committee which provides a two-way, open feedback system regarding the care being provided
Creating an environment for our residents at Willowbank that is friendly, bright, homely and most importantly, caring, is my number one priority as Manager.
We actively encourage our residents to take part in various day trips, activities or events organised by our team and feel these have unparralled beneﬁts on their health, happiness and well-being.
Activities and Events
Residents can partake in ‘Zumba’, run every fortnight, ‘Pet Therapy’ where animals are brought into the home to visit and interact with residents on a weekly basis and monthly ‘Church Services’. We also run a ‘Friendship Circle’ every fortnight as a means to building relationships and increasing interaction amongst our residents, as well as a whole host of daily activities which ensure laughter is a common sound within Willowbank.
I am extremely proud of the care my team provides our residents with on a daily basis, particularly in relation to Dementia care and the advancing levels we provide to residents with this particular care requirement. Our senior carer at Willowbank has been with Balhousie for over 19 years and possess’ the one thing I look for above all else with my staff; a passion and love for providing care.
As a home, we recently received extremely high gradings across the board from the Care Inspectorate and this is without doubt, one of the stand-out moments for me as Manager. The care, well-being and happiness of each of our residents is paramount and this cemented what myself and my staff work so hard on a daily basis to achieve; a happy home.
Pop in your postcode below and we'll give you directions to Willowbank
Find a care home near you
News from across the Group
We were delighted to see the dementia strategy and the dementia ambassador program recognised and mentioned within this months Care News.
Coordination key to dementia care